Rice Rice Cooking Contest
- Wild Rice Appetizers
- Wild Rice Breads (Muffins and Pancakes)
Contest Judging will take place in the Aitkin County Fairgrounds Home Activities Building.
Entries should be in by 10:00 AM on Saturday, July 10, 2010.
Panel of judges will judge each entry.
County fair will supply ribbons and prizes for each category.
- Contest Rules:
- Open to any individual who is a Minnesota resident.
- Entry must be made from "scratch."
- A minimum of 1/4 cup raw wild rice used in item
- Soup, casserole, and main dish should be served hot — we have plug-ins.
- Salad should be kept cold — we have refrigerators.
- Recipe with item listing the ingredients, preparation instructions and recipe author must be submitted with entry.
- Judging will be based on the following criteria:
Overall Appearance 30 pts. Moistness or Crumb Texture 20 pts. Consistancy 15 pts. Flavor 25 pts. Creativity (Appearance, Ingredients) 10 pts. TOTAL 100 pts.